Binghui, the Horticulturist
Last month, Jo Heidorn and I had the opportunity to interview Binghui. He's a former gang member turned horticulturist. He's a member of the Lutheran preaching station in Hsinchu Taiwan. I provide a short summary of his story in newsletter this month. Look for more on the LCMS Asia podcast.
Eliza continues to settle into life here in Chiayi. She's learning Chinese, and with the children, taking every opportunity to share Christ's love with those around us. She explain more in her article.
- Pr. Mahlburg talks about the work of Christ's church in Sri Lanka.
- The Lutheran School for the Deaf celebrated 50 years of service in Hong Kong. David Bush talks all about it.
- Tom Going grew up in Japan. He returned to Japan as a Lutheran educator and talks about that work.
Abbreviated Home Service
During the month of October, I will be making some visits in the US, to areas that will be more difficult for my family and I to visit in the Spring. If you or a congregation you know are located in these areas, please let me know. I want to visit and share what Christ is doing in Asia, and offer opportunities to join our support network.
- September 27–October 8 – San Francisco and surrounding Area
- October 9–16 – Boston/New York/Vermont/Rhode Island
- October 17–29 – North and South Carolina
As always, you can download the newsletter here. Please print and put in your church bulletin board, on your refrigerator, or wherever you can find a place. Forward this email to anyone you know.
Thank you for your support. Thank you for walking with us as we proclaim Christ and Him Crucified for the world.
In Christ, —the Askins